4. Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah Al-Ansari while talking about the period of pause in revelation, reported the speech of the Prophet, peace be upon him, “While I was walking, all of a sudden I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up and saw the same angel, who had visited me at the cave of Hira, sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth. I got scared of him and came back home and said, ‘Wrap me (in blankets). And then Allah revealed the following Holy Verses (of the Quran) :
‘O you (Muhammad, peace be upon him) enveloped (in garments)! Arise and warn … (up to) … and keep away from Ar-Rujz (the idols)!’ (V .74 :1-5)
After this, the revelation started coming strongly and frequently in succession one after the other.
3. Narrated ‘Aishah, the Mother of the faithful believers: The commencement of the (Divine) Revelation to Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, was in the form of good righteous (true) dreams which came true like bright daylight, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira’ where he used to worship (Allah Alone) continuously for many nights before returning to (or his desire to see) his family. He, peace be upon him, used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food likewise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira’. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet, peace be upon him, replied, “I do not know how to read.” Continue reading “Sahih Bukhari – Volume 1 – Book 1 – P.46”
333. Narrated Maimuna, the wife of the Prophet, peace be upon him : During my menses, I never offered Salat (prayer), but used to sit on the mat beside the mosque of Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him. He used to offer the Salat on his sheet and in prostration some of his clothes used to touch me.”
(28) CHAPTER. When a woman having bleeding in between her periods notices signs of cleanliness from her menses.
Ibn ‘Abbas said : She should take a bath and offer Salat (prayers) even if (she were clean) for an hour and she can have (sextual relation with her husband) after the prayer and As-Salat (the prayer) is more superior and important (than anything else).
331. Narrated ‘Aishah : The Prophet, peace be upon him, said to me, “Give up As-Salat (the prayer) when your menses begin and when it has finished, wash the blood off your body (take a bath) and start offering Salat.”
(26) CHAPTER. Al-Istihadah (bleeding in between the periods is from blood vessel.
327. Narrated Aishah, the wife of the Prophet, peace be upon him : Umm Habiba got bleeding in between the periods for seven years. She asked Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, about it. He ordered her to take a bath (after the termination of actual periods) and added that it was from a blood vessel. But she used to take a bath for every Salat (prayer). (Without being ordered by the Prophet, peace be upon him, See Fath Al-Bari)
(25) CHAPTER. Yellowish discharge not during the menses.
326. Narrated Umm ‘Atiyya: We never considered yellowish discharge as a thing of importance (during a non-menstruating period).
[See Fath Al-Bari Vol.1, page 442]
(24) CHAPTER. If a woman gets menses thrice a month.
Can we believe a woman if she says she is menstruating or pregnant, and whatever is related to menses as is referred to by the Statement of Allah: “…And it is not lawful for them to conceal what Allah has created in their wombs…” (Quran 2 : 228). ‘Ali and Shuraih said, “If a woman presents witness from her relatives who are good Muslims that she is getting menses thrice a month then she is to be believed.” ‘Ata said, “Her previous menstrual cycles are to be taken into consideration.” The same was said by Ibrahim. ‘Ata said, “Menses can last from one to fifteen days.” Ibn Sirin was asked about a woman who noticed blood five days after her menstrual cycle. He replied: The women knew better about that. Continue reading “Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, P.221”
(21) CHAPTER. Sleeping with a menstruating woman (one’s wife) while she is wearing her clothes (that are worn during menses).
322. Narrated Zainab bint ‘Abi Salama : Umm Salama said, “I got my menses while I was lying with the Prophet, peace be upon him, under a woolen sheet. So I slipped away, took the clothes for menses and put them on. Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, said, ‘Have you got your menses?’ I replied, ‘Yes.’ Then he called me and took me with him under the woolen sheet.” Continue reading “Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, P.219”
(20) CHAPTER. There is no Salat (prayer) to be offered by a menstruating woman in lieu of the missed Salat during her menses.
And the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “The lady (in her menses) must leave her Salat (prayers).”
321. Narrated Mu’adha : A woman asked ‘Aisha, “Should I offer the Salat (prayers) that which I did not offer because of menses.” ‘Aishah said, “Are you from the Haraura’ (a town in Iraq). We were with the Prophet, peace be upon him, and used to get our periods but he never ordered us to offer them (the Salat missed during menses),” or ‘Aishah said we did not offer them.”
(19) CHAPTER. The beginning and the ending of menstrual periods.
Some women used to send the pads of cotton with traces of yellowish discharge to ‘Aishah (for her verdict to know wheather they had become clean from menses or not). And ‘Aishah would say, “Do not hurry till you see the cotton pad is white (meaning the perfect disappearence of menses).” The daughter of Zaid bin Thabit was told that some woman used to ask for candles at midnight to see whether the menses had stopped or not. On that the daughter of Zaid said that the ladies (the wives of the Prophet companions) had never done so, and she blamed them (the former women).
Continue reading “Sahih Bukhari – Volume 1 – Book 6 – P.218”