7. Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas: Abu Sufyan bin Harb informed me that Heraclius had sent a messenger to him while he had been accompanying a caravan from Quraish. They were merchants doing business in Sham (Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan), at the time when Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, had truce with Abu Sufyan and Quraish non believers. So Abu Sufyan and his companions went to Heraclius at ‘Ilya (Jerusalem) . Heraclius called them in the court and he had all the senior Roman dignitaries around him. He called for his translator who, translating Heraclius’ question said to them, “Who amongst you is closely related to that man who claims to be a Prophet?” Abu Sufyan replied, “I am the nearest relative to him (amongst the group).” Continue reading Sahih Bukhari – Volume 1 – Book 1 – P.50
6. Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas: Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, was the most generous of all the people, and he used to reach the peak in generosity in the month of Ramadan when Jibril (Gabriel) met him. Jibril (Gabriel) used to meet him every night of Ramadan to teach him the Qur’an.
Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, was the most generous person, even more generous than the fair winds [sent (by Allah) with glad tidings (rain), in readiness and haste to do charitable deeds].
5. Narrated Sa’id bin Jubair: Ibn ‘Abbas in the explanation of the Statement of Allah Ta’la: ‘Move not your tongue concerning (the Qur’an, O Muhammad, peace be upon him) to make haste therewith’ (Quran 75:16) said, “Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, used to bear the revelation with great stress and hardness, and used to move his lips (quickly with the Revelation).” Continue reading Sahih Bukhari – Volume 1 – Book 1 – P.49
4. Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah Al-Ansari while talking about the period of pause in revelation, reported the speech of the Prophet, peace be upon him, “While I was walking, all of a sudden I heard a voice from the sky. I looked up and saw the same angel, who had visited me at the cave of Hira, sitting on a chair between the sky and the earth. I got scared of him and came back home and said, ‘Wrap me (in blankets). And then Allah revealed the following Holy Verses (of the Quran) :
‘O you (Muhammad, peace be upon him) enveloped (in garments)! Arise and warn … (up to) … and keep away from Ar-Rujz (the idols)!’ (V .74 :1-5)
After this, the revelation started coming strongly and frequently in succession one after the other.
3. Narrated ‘Aishah, the Mother of the faithful believers: The commencement of the (Divine) Revelation to Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, was in the form of good righteous (true) dreams which came true like bright daylight, and then the love of seclusion was bestowed upon him. He used to go in seclusion in the cave of Hira’ where he used to worship (Allah Alone) continuously for many nights before returning to (or his desire to see) his family. He, peace be upon him, used to take with him the journey food for the stay and then come back to (his wife) Khadija to take his food likewise again till suddenly the Truth descended upon him while he was in the cave of Hira’. The angel came to him and asked him to read. The Prophet, peace be upon him, replied, “I do not know how to read.” Continue reading Sahih Bukhari – Volume 1 – Book 1 – P.46
2. Narrated ‘Aishah’, the mother of the faithful believers: Al-Harith bin Hisham asked Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, “O Allah’s Messenger! How is the Divine Revelation revealed to you?” Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, replied, “Sometimes it is (revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of Revelation is the hardest of all and then this state passes off after I have grasped what is revealed. Sometimes the angel comes in the form of a man and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says.” Aishah added: Verily I saw the Prophet, peace be upon him, being inspired (Divinely) and (noticed) the sweat dropping from his forehead on a very cold day as the Revelation was over.
October 7, 2018
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
1 – THE BOOK OF REVELATION
And the Statement of Allah: “Verily, We have sent the revelation to you (O Muhammad, peace be upon him) as We sent the revelation to Noah and the Prophets after him.”
1. Narrated ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab: I heard Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, saying, “The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrates for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration will be for what he emigrated for.” Continue reading Sahih Al-Bukhari – Volume 1 – (1) Chapter. (P.45)