Important reminder Islamic Will – a Must document in Islam
Every individual Muslim should have this document ready. A person who has house, car, money in account (etc) and have children must prepare will immediately. A person who has nothing mentioned above, should prepare Will because he still has his body. Yes that’s correct body.
Why? Here is business case… Three incidents in Windsor Ontario
1. Person died on Islam family members wanted him cremated. Imam tried convincing them no success. This guy never prepared will stating his funeral should be according to Islamic belief
2. Family (parents) died social services took over custody of children. Later adopted by non-Muslims.
3. Person died and assets went to estate after all distribution process. End receiver received peanut most used up by official departments involved such as bank, lawyers etc
4. On 12 Jan 2019 was a Janaza (funeral) of a 27 year old young man died in apartment found by police after a week when neighbours complained smell from the apartment. If identity would have not established he could end up in cremation as it is cheapest method.
For your awareness in north America
– you don’t need lawyer – you don’t need to pay any one to prepare will for you
– you don’t need to have document endorse by any department what so ever
How to prepare?
– print 2 copies of ready to go Will document /template from this link https://windsorislamicassociation.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/WIA-IslamicWill-1.pdf
– fill in the blanks
– have two people witness that you signed these papers… Each page
– keep one copy at home, one in the bank safety box if you have, otherwise some in safe place
– Windsor dominion masjid offers free service to keep a copy for you in masjid’s safe box
– announce with in your family, extended family and friends that you have prepared Will, so in case something happens all have information about your will.
Please pass it to other fellow Muslims in neighbourhood and offer them support in making one you will be getting rewards. Jzk
WINDSOR ISLAMIC ASSOCIATION DISCLAIMER
This prototype document was prepared by the Windsor Islamic Association, (WIA henceforth), through consultation with lawyers, religious scholars and review of several such documents from other major Islamic centers, to facilitate the completion of this essential religious obligation. This document is designed to be used as a reference and template. The WIA does not assume any legal responsibly and does not carry any liability in relation to the use of this document. Furthermore, being a religious organization, the WIA cannot be named as an “executor” or guardian in any will, and will not accept such delegation. However WIA can nominate and appoint a qualified individual to be executor of this Last Will and Testament in the event that the person (s) appointed are unwilling or unable. All mature Muslims are obligated to prepare, to update, and secure their wills. Consultation with qualified Islamic scholars and obtaining legal council to customize, and to legalize this document is advised.
This document, both in paper and electronic formats, may be shared, copied, downloaded, and printed only to be used for its intended purpose. Commercial use, all or in part is strictly prohibited.