(7) CHAPTER. The Prophet, peace be upon him, used to be most generous in the month of Ramadan.
1902. Narrated Ibn ‘Abbas: The Prophet, peace be upon him, was the most generous amongst the people, and he used to be more so in the month of Ramadan when Jibril (Gabriel) visited him, and JibrIl used to meet him on every night of Ramadan till the end of the month. The Prophet, peace be upon him, used to recite the Noble Qur’an to Jibril, and when Jibril met him, he used to be more generous than the fair wind [sent by Allah with glad tidings (rain) in readiness and haste to do charitable deeds.].
(6) CHAPTER. Whoever observed fast in Ramadan out of sincere faith (that it is an enjoined duty), and hoping for a reward from Allah and with honest intention (i.e., only for Allah’s sake).
And ‘Aishah narrated from the Prophet, peace be upon him, “The people will be resurrected (and judged) according to their intentions.” Continue reading Sahih Al-Bukhari – Volume 3 – Book 30 – P.83
(5) CHAPTER. Should it be said “Ramadãn” or “the month of Ramadan?” And whoever thinks that both are permissible.
And the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “Whoever observe Saum (fasts) in Ramadan.” And also said, “Do not observe Saum before Ramadan.**” Continue reading Sahih Al-Bukhari – Volume 3 – Book 30 – P.82
(4) CHAPTER. Ar-Raiyãn (one of the gates of Paradise) is for people observing Saum (fast) people.
- Narrated SahI: The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, “There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe Saum (fasts) will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, ‘Where are those who used to observe Saum (fast)?’ They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it.”
(2) CHAPTER. The superiority of As-Saum (the fasting).
- Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, said, “Saum (fasting) is a shield (or a screen or a shelter from the Hell-fire). So, the person observing Saum (fast) should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should say to him twice, ‘I am observing Saum (fast).” The Prophet, peace be upon him, added, “By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a person observing Saum (fast) is better with Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), ‘He has left his food, drink ad sexual desires for My sake. The Saum (fast) is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times.’”
(1) CHAPTER. Fasting is obligatory in (the month of) Ramadan. And the Statement of Allah
“O, you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun” [Quran 2:183].
1891. Narrated Talba bin ‘Ubaid-UlIãh: A bedouin with unkempt hair came to Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, and said, “0 Allah’s Messenger! Inform me what Allah has made compulsory for me as regards As-Salat (the prayer) .” He replied: Continue reading Sahih Al-Bukhari – Volume 3 – Book 30 – P.78