(14) CHAPTER. To take a bath after finishing from the menses.
Narrated ‘Aishah : An Ansari woman asked the Prophet, peace be upon him, how to take a bath after finishing from the menses. He replied, “Take a piece of cloth perfumed with musk and clean the private parts with it, thrice.” The Prophet, peace be upon him, felt shy and turned his face. So I pulled her to me and told her what the Prophet, peace be upon him, meant.
(9) CHAPTER. Washing out the menstrual blood.
Narrated Asma’ bint Abi Bakr : A woman asked Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, “O Allah’s Messenger! What should we do if the blood of menses falls on our clothes?” Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, replied, “If the blood of menses falls on the garment of anyone of you, she must take hold of the blood spot, rub it, and wash it with water and then offer Salat (prayers) in (with) it.”
(8) CHAPTER. Al-Istihada [bleeding (from the womb) in between a woman’s periods].
Narrated ‘Aishah : Fatima bint Abi Hubaish said to Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, “O Allah’s Messenger! I do not become clean (from bleeding). Shall I give up my Salat (prayers)?” Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, replied: “No, because it is from a blood vessel and not the menses. So when the real menses begins give up your Salat and when it (the period) has finished wash the blood off your body (take a bath) and offer your prayers.”
(7) Ibrahim said , “ There is no harm in reciting a Verse of the Qur’an by a menstruating woman.” Ibn ‘Abbas considers that there was no harm in the recitation of the Qur’an by a Junub. The Prophet, peace be upon him, used to remember (glorify) Allah at all the times. Umm ‘Atiyya said that they were ordered to let the menstruating women come out (on festivals) to say Takbirat (Allahu-Akbar), and to invoke Allah. Ibn ‘Abbas narrated on the authority of Abu Sufyan: Heraclius asked for the letter of the Prophet, peace be upon him, and read it. It began : In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. O people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) : Come to a word that is just between us and you that we worship none but Allah…(Quran 3:64) Continue reading Sahih Bukhari – Volume 1 – Book 6 – P.211
298: Narrated Umm Salama: While I was laying with the Prophet, peace be upon him, under a single woolen sheet, I got the menses. I slipped away and put on the clothes for menses. He said , “ Have you got Nifas (menses)?” I replied , “ Yes.” He then called me and made me lie with him under the same sheet.
296: Narrated ‘Urwa: A person asked me, “Can a woman in menses serve me? And can a Junub woman come close to me?” I replied, “All this is easy for me. All of them can serve me, and there is no harm for any other person to do the same. ‘Aishah told me that she used to comb the hair of Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, while she was in her menses, and he was in I’tikaf – 1 (in the mosque). He would bring his head near her room and she would comb his hair, while she used to be in her menses.”
(3) CHAPTER. To recite the Qur’an while lying in the lap of one’s own menstruating wife.
Abu Wa’il used to send his menstruating maid servant to bring the Qur’an from Abi Razin by carrying it from the hanger (of its cage).
297: Narrated ‘Aishah : The Prophet, peace be upon him, used to lean on my lap during my menses and then would recite the Qur’an.
(294) Narrated Al-Qasim: ‘Aishah said, “We set out with the sole intention of performing Hajj and when we reached Sarif, (a place 11 k.m. from Makkah) I got my menses. Allah’s messenger, peace be upon him, came to me while I was weeping. He said, “What is the matter with you? Have you got your menses?” I replied, “Yes.” He said, “This is a thing which Allah has ordained for the daughters of Adam. So do what all the pilgrims do with the exception of Tawaf (circumam-bulation) round the Ka’bah.” ‘Aishah added, “Allah’s Messenger, peace be upon him, sacrificed cows on behalf of his wives.”
And the Statement of Allah Subhanahu Ta’la: “And they ask you about menstruation. Say, “It is harm, so keep away from wives during menstruation. And do not approach them until they are pure. And when they have purified themselves, then come to them from where Allah has ordained for you. Indeed, Allah loves those who are constantly repentant and loves those who purify themselves.” (Quran 2:222)
And the statement of the Prophet, peace be upon him, “This is a thing which Allah has ordained for the daughters of Adam.” Some people said that the menses first came for Bani Israel. But what the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, is more comprehensive (the truth).
To read more, please click again “The Book of Menses” below ↓